Back into the Groove of Things
So for almost one year I've pulled out of all the kids ministry at the corps because I needed to find the balance between my job and volunteer life. This proved to be hard because we've spent the past year carving out what my job looks like really.
I was really missing the part of my life that was involved with kids ministry and as of last Wednesday, I started it up again. I'm volunteering at the corps on Wednesday nights as that is the only day of the week that doesn't really run into many of my job-related events. The middle-school group was feeling pretty neglected and was yearning for something more than the child-oriented programs at the corps. For me this was a natural match and I'm getting ready for our second class tonight!
I've got to say, I'm pretty excited and a bit sad that even though I just started, I'll be gone for two weeks in October. However, better now than never. This is what I love to do and now I can. Yipee!!! Please pray that this group grows spiritually, remains open to learning the word and really understands that great love that God has given us to give to others.
I was really missing the part of my life that was involved with kids ministry and as of last Wednesday, I started it up again. I'm volunteering at the corps on Wednesday nights as that is the only day of the week that doesn't really run into many of my job-related events. The middle-school group was feeling pretty neglected and was yearning for something more than the child-oriented programs at the corps. For me this was a natural match and I'm getting ready for our second class tonight!
I've got to say, I'm pretty excited and a bit sad that even though I just started, I'll be gone for two weeks in October. However, better now than never. This is what I love to do and now I can. Yipee!!! Please pray that this group grows spiritually, remains open to learning the word and really understands that great love that God has given us to give to others.
Comments