Desperately Seeking ZZZZZZZZ's
Lately, I’ve come to the realisation that there aren’t 30 hrs in a day and that I do require at least 7hrs to be reserved for sleep alone. Thank goodness it isn't 30 hr days because knowing me, I'd probably fill the extra hours up with more stuff anyway. It’s funny how our minds work, convincing ourselves that we only need a little shut eye and that caffeine will get us though the rest of it. I’ve been more cranky, more irritated and more depressed really because I’ve stayed up late, woken up early, run around to do errands, helping out where I can, putting myself out there on a limb for a lot of things. Even falling asleep in near impossible because I can’t stop thinking about what needs to be done, what hasn’t been done, things people have said to me throughout the day, things that I should have said to people during the day, wishing I could be sleeping in all day, only to roll over to glance at the clock and see that I have to be up in another 5 hrs.
In my desperation, I have made a purchase. Just when you all though my spending habits couldn’t get any crazier right? I got myself a Tempur-pedic neck support pillow, with NASA memory foam. $178 CAD later!!! It’s been 3 nights so far and it hasn’t been the “best sleep of my life”. It will take my body some getting used to though and I’m not sleeping on my front like a baby anymore. The pay-off? Better spine alignment, less neck pain and headaches caused by neck strain, more restful sleep on your back. Will it work? I’ll let you know in a few weeks.
Also in the search for rest, I’ve booked an appointment at Hammam Spa on King St. W. One of the best spa’s in T.O. at the moment because of their amazing steam room and body treatments. Pricey? Of course, you know how I like to spend! But if I’m going to pamper myself, I’m gonna do it right and be treated like an empress. That’s tonight and I really can’t wait!
By the way, have I mentioned that it is day 66 without coffee?
That must be why my blog is starting to sound like the rantings of a desperate and certified mad-woman!
In my desperation, I have made a purchase. Just when you all though my spending habits couldn’t get any crazier right? I got myself a Tempur-pedic neck support pillow, with NASA memory foam. $178 CAD later!!! It’s been 3 nights so far and it hasn’t been the “best sleep of my life”. It will take my body some getting used to though and I’m not sleeping on my front like a baby anymore. The pay-off? Better spine alignment, less neck pain and headaches caused by neck strain, more restful sleep on your back. Will it work? I’ll let you know in a few weeks.
Also in the search for rest, I’ve booked an appointment at Hammam Spa on King St. W. One of the best spa’s in T.O. at the moment because of their amazing steam room and body treatments. Pricey? Of course, you know how I like to spend! But if I’m going to pamper myself, I’m gonna do it right and be treated like an empress. That’s tonight and I really can’t wait!
By the way, have I mentioned that it is day 66 without coffee?
That must be why my blog is starting to sound like the rantings of a desperate and certified mad-woman!
Comments
and proud of you that you haven't given into caffeine injection! =P