Marching In The Light Of God

Can you see Andrew and I? - it's like Where's Waldo =)
"We are maaaaaar-ching in the light of God, we are marching in the light of God. We are maaaaaar-ching in the light of God, we are marching in the light of God." I love this song. I sang it in the school choir when I was around 13yrs old and it stuck.
I was given the great opportunity of marching with a band of very talented Salvationists, playing the trombone on the greatly inclined streets of San Francisco. This was my first big march as all the other ones have been with camp staff for flag rasings and such! I absolutely loved it. I loved the energy, I loved the music, and I felt important. I felt important because I was witnessing, along with all the others, that Jesus' blood has saved me, that God's love is in me, and that I will let them know that I will do my best to shine His light where I go.
I absolutely loved it and am thankful to my father especially. I really wish he were in the city to see the march or participate. I know he's marched so many times doing the same thing in his great lifetime, but I think he'd be proud that the next generation is marching on.
On that note: I think he'd be doubly proud that I was wearing the new tunic that he had made and sent for me. I have a beautiful tunic - it's great if I want to look slim, proper and not move a muscle the entire time. However after playing the trombone in a few concerts, I asked him to make me a practical one with stretching room in the shoulders and back. I look like a proper linebacker but how glad am I?! Otherwise there would have been a resounding ripping sound coming from my tunic all over SF's Chinatown.
Photo courtesy of LimDesign
Comments