Happy Holidays...Merry Christmas...Feliz Navidad
Another holiday season, come and gone, just like THAT.
Christmas Eve church – an all day affair of course, ended with Pizza, Pirates of the Carribean, Big 2 and Euchre with Danny, Leo, Will and Andrew at home.
Andrew was here so that made things much more crazy…i.e. last minute shopping for gifts, Christmas day lunch with his family, Christmas day dinner with mine, Christmas day dessert with his.
Engagement dinner, the first time I think we’ve had both families sit down together for a mile. Hee hee…literally, 7 Kim’s on one side of the table, 7 Kang’s on the other. Kevin and Kristen thought it would be the perfect opportunity for us to play Family Feud…maybe next time Kev.
Engagement photo shoot – Distillery District, cloudy and cold, some flurries but we got a lot of shot and I think it turned out ok. When Trevor (our photographer) was showing us the shots, Andrew was stationary and I was like a flip-o-rama trying to make up for Andrew’s lack of movement. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that for our wedding photos he’ll be more animated! No cheesy posing either ok hun?
Venue Inspection – Ok really, this was just and excuse for Kristen, Andrew and I to run-a-muck around the Ontario Science Centre. We were all quite happy and tired by the end of the day. Some golden oldies are still there…bobsled anyone? I anticipate this should make things interesting for anyone who is planning on having a drink-fest at the wedding…I cringe that the thought though. Finished off the evening with a big serving of the best Fish n’Chip place I’ve found so far in Toronto – the Old Yorke on Laird Dr. south of Eglington. Apparently, Califonia and Australia don’t do fish n’chips w. Halibut the way we Canadians do…HA…we rock.
Wedding Party Dinner – A.K.A. Korean fest. Leo, Marcus, Tomo and Sang…we missed you but ate lots of Bi Bim Bap on your behalf, had a rowdy Go-Stop Tourney and the winners were: 1st place and $50 to Best Buy – Perry “the Underdog” Chao, 2nd place and $25 to Canadian Tire (gotta support Canadians!) – Kristen Kang, 3rd place and $15 to Starbucks – Danny Park (Which will get him exactly one coffee…hehehe).
New Year’s Eve…The usual. Church, me messing up the translation for the Sermon…ok tried my best but me thinks it’s best that I never do it again. Dduk Guk for lunch at church…
New Year’s Day – and again! Dduk Guk (Rice cake soup) and tonnes of food for lunch at Andrew’s. I have seriously outgrown my Hambok (Korean dress) and have to seriously go to the gym. To add to the outgrown Hambok problem, we headed back to my house for Dduk Guk dinner – Ahhhhhh! That stuff expands in your stomach like you wouldn’t believe. Had to say goodbye to Andrew that evening…boo hoo. Sucks to have to keep saying bye to each other.
January 2-07 – back at work, only to have a dead, mouldy mouse waiting for Emi (my co-worker) and I on our office floor. YUCK.
And so begins the New Year…2007 should be interesting. I hope your holiday’s were like mine…full of running around, serious lack of sleep and the blessed abundance of food…just the way they should be eh? This is definitely not a good time for me to go wedding dress shopping though…*sigh.
Christmas Eve church – an all day affair of course, ended with Pizza, Pirates of the Carribean, Big 2 and Euchre with Danny, Leo, Will and Andrew at home.
Andrew was here so that made things much more crazy…i.e. last minute shopping for gifts, Christmas day lunch with his family, Christmas day dinner with mine, Christmas day dessert with his.
Engagement dinner, the first time I think we’ve had both families sit down together for a mile. Hee hee…literally, 7 Kim’s on one side of the table, 7 Kang’s on the other. Kevin and Kristen thought it would be the perfect opportunity for us to play Family Feud…maybe next time Kev.
Engagement photo shoot – Distillery District, cloudy and cold, some flurries but we got a lot of shot and I think it turned out ok. When Trevor (our photographer) was showing us the shots, Andrew was stationary and I was like a flip-o-rama trying to make up for Andrew’s lack of movement. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that for our wedding photos he’ll be more animated! No cheesy posing either ok hun?
Venue Inspection – Ok really, this was just and excuse for Kristen, Andrew and I to run-a-muck around the Ontario Science Centre. We were all quite happy and tired by the end of the day. Some golden oldies are still there…bobsled anyone? I anticipate this should make things interesting for anyone who is planning on having a drink-fest at the wedding…I cringe that the thought though. Finished off the evening with a big serving of the best Fish n’Chip place I’ve found so far in Toronto – the Old Yorke on Laird Dr. south of Eglington. Apparently, Califonia and Australia don’t do fish n’chips w. Halibut the way we Canadians do…HA…we rock.
Wedding Party Dinner – A.K.A. Korean fest. Leo, Marcus, Tomo and Sang…we missed you but ate lots of Bi Bim Bap on your behalf, had a rowdy Go-Stop Tourney and the winners were: 1st place and $50 to Best Buy – Perry “the Underdog” Chao, 2nd place and $25 to Canadian Tire (gotta support Canadians!) – Kristen Kang, 3rd place and $15 to Starbucks – Danny Park (Which will get him exactly one coffee…hehehe).
New Year’s Eve…The usual. Church, me messing up the translation for the Sermon…ok tried my best but me thinks it’s best that I never do it again. Dduk Guk for lunch at church…
New Year’s Day – and again! Dduk Guk (Rice cake soup) and tonnes of food for lunch at Andrew’s. I have seriously outgrown my Hambok (Korean dress) and have to seriously go to the gym. To add to the outgrown Hambok problem, we headed back to my house for Dduk Guk dinner – Ahhhhhh! That stuff expands in your stomach like you wouldn’t believe. Had to say goodbye to Andrew that evening…boo hoo. Sucks to have to keep saying bye to each other.
January 2-07 – back at work, only to have a dead, mouldy mouse waiting for Emi (my co-worker) and I on our office floor. YUCK.
And so begins the New Year…2007 should be interesting. I hope your holiday’s were like mine…full of running around, serious lack of sleep and the blessed abundance of food…just the way they should be eh? This is definitely not a good time for me to go wedding dress shopping though…*sigh.
Comments