Dental Work, Camp, & Kalbi

Soooo...after 29 years of a cavity free mouth, I have had my first and hopefully last dental numbing, drilling and filling. Andrew and I both are not satisfied with our slightly wonky teeth so we are hopefully going to get braces in the new year. Well, not the braces like Ugly Betty if you know what I mean. We're going for the Invisalign ones. With the number of people Andrew and I work with and meet throughout the week, first impressions are pretty important to us!

Funny enough, this experience has not been so bad. I'm not sure why people have such a fear of the dentist but ours is fabuloso. So nice in fact that he even brought his Paris travel book to lend us when I mentioned that we were going for holiday. Sweet!

I'm glad this is over though. The thing I hated the most was the numbing. For some reason I'm really sensitive to it - so much so that the numbing doesn't wear off for a long time - like 4 hours after the fact OR I have parts that weren't supposed to be numbed go numb...like my nose. I'm just wired backwards I suppose.

We were up at camp yesterday with our corps and 2 other Korean Corps in the area. It was great to be back at camp. I really miss it. Bloody hot yesterday too. We BBQ'd lots of kalbi, had a united service, played some games and when all was said and done, the EM group wanted to go back to church and grill up the rest of the kalbi for dinner. I must say, it was even more enjoyable for dinner and we rolled outta there feeling like whales. I guess when you can get free kalbi dinner and unlimited portions, you've got seize the day eh?


Comments

Popular Posts