On the Eve of Calamity

Well...I managed to make it though the winter and spring in California but by the end of May I had barely made it through alive. Thankfully, Andrew and I booked a trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico so that we could get away from the craziness, regroup and catch up on our zzzz's. Since we've been back, I've been up to my eyeballs in day camp stuff, much to do and few hands to do the work, I really am getting weary of this always happening. Andrew's got a lot on his plate at work too right now so we are totally in drop and sleep mode when we get home.

My trip to Toronto was surreal to say the least. I got to surprise dad for his 60th birthday and he was indeed in shock. So much so that he could not stomach his birthday lunch of Swiss Chalet Chicken that Kevin and I had brought him. I missed him so much and I couldn't have been happier to spend his day with him. My father is a beautiful, wise, and strong Christian man and I can only hope to be as faithful as him as I continue to age and walk with Christ. Through everything he has been a rock and I couldn't thank him enough for enduring all the trouble with me through my troublesome teen years and for being such a great friend to me. I feel quite lucky that I can talk to him about anything. And believe me, we've talked about everything.

I barely slept in Toronto and saw many loved ones, well, as many as i could squeeze into 48 hours. I'm amazed at how big Faith has gotten and as I have returned to California, I continue to watch a video of her playing copy cat with me on Dad's birthday, over and over. I miss her so much and I feel like I'm going to come back next time to a grown up girl. She on the other hand didn't think that I was gone, because when I walked in the door, she came up to me, said "hi gomo, look at my dress!" Just as if I had never left.

I'll admit, I packed the last night there and didn't sleep but cried the last hour and the whole way to the airport. It's hard being away from home, especially when it's not very accessible. Although, I know Kris had to do it all the way in Australia so I guess I have it good right?

So tomorrow morning I have to begin day camp. Are we ready? Heck no. Will it go on anyway. Heck yes. Will I bust my butt to make sure that everything goes perfectly anway? Probably. Will it kill me? Maybe. I made a stop off to my doctor in Toronto while I was there and got a big lecture on my health. I'm borderline diabetic now and need to keep my stress level down. Hmmmm....that's not going to happen anytime soon. I actually asked the doctor to write a letter to my officers to tell them that they could drive me over to the world of diabetes. I hesitate to give it to them...I'm sure they'll tell me again that I have a negative attitude or that I don't care about ministry. Not sure what to do but just plough through the summer and pray that God has direction for me.

Comments

Popular Posts